Cue a local antique store, semi-ugly chair (great chair bones, horrible fabric), some paint and new fabric...
Here you go:
This is before...I fell in love with the scroll detail on the back of the chair...and it's $17 price! (The cushion wasn't torn when I got it...I started cutting and forgot to take a before pic.)
Detail...isn't it lovely??!!
Back...perfect sized chair!
Step 1: Remove cushion
step 2: Lightly sand chair with fine sandpaper
Step 3: 3 LIGHT coats of high-gloss paint. I color-matched my paint to my fabric.
Step 4: Add extra batting to cushion and cover with fabric.
Step 5: Reattach cushion (I forgot to take pics of these steps as I was trying to work quickly so I could move everything out of Manwich's way.)
Now, FINISHED!! And fits PERFECTLY at the desk!! And I LOVE it! I love white so much, so I was proud that I picked an actual color!
Front of chair... I got this fabric from Joann's during a 50% sale...YAY! Only 1 yard was needed, although I may have been able to get away with half a yard, but I'm a bit conservative in that way.
Compared to the bench fabric:
The whole scene!! I love it!!! :):)