Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer Spinach Salad

One of my favorite things about summer is the simplicity in cooking. A great throw together salad and some grilled meat or fish and you've got a great meal! Here's a simple and OH SO DELISH spinach salad that is a crowd pleaser. I adapted the recipe from Ina Garten.

Spinach Salad
1 bag spinach (or 4ish cups for my adventurous friends who grow their own :) )
1 small bag frozen peas
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (I like shredded over grated for this)
1/2 cup-1 cup (depending on how much you like) basil pesto. I usually use the Classico brand, but can't wait to try homemade with my brand new herb garden! (More on that soon!)
1/4 cup toasted pinenuts

Mix it together and eat! I put the peas in frozen and they will quickly defrost and keep your salad cool in the hot summer sun!

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment